1. Scope of our Services
Through the Site, BookingSafe provides an online platform through which you can browse different types of lodging and temporary accommodation, including but not necessarily limited to hotels, hostels, serviced apartments, B&Bs, rooms for rent, cottages, ryokans, etc. (collectively, the “Accommodation(s)”) and make reservations with such Accommodations. By making a booking through the Site, you make an offer to book a reservation at the price listed for such reservation and such other terms and conditions stated on the Site, which shall become a binding contract when accepted by BookingSafe, which in turn means the reservation has been confirmed by the Accommodation. We will indicate the acceptance of your Accommodation booking via an e-mail confirmation (with a voucher for prepaid Accommodations). We reserve the right to reject bookings as set out below.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose about Accommodations is based on the information provided to us by our suppliers or providers (including but not necessarily limited to the Accommodations, their representatives, distributors, destination management companies (DMCs), channel managers, partners, etc.). As such, the Accommodations or their representatives are given access to an extranet or other connectivity solution through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability, description, pictures, booking conditions, accommodation policies and other information which is displayed on the Site. Although we will use commercially reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete, correct or up to date, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of the Site or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each Accommodation remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the Accommodation information displayed on the Site. Changes in market conditions or circumstances may occur on short notice which may make information displayed on the Site inaccurate or outdated. In case of problems, our Customer Service will use its commercially reasonable efforts to assist you and serve as a point of contact with the Accommodation. Please note that BookingSafe is one of many channels Accommodations use to make their inventory available for reservation. When a search result indicates that a particular Accommodation has no more rooms available, that means the room type is not available for reservation through BookingSafe.
The Site does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of (the quality, service level or rating of) any Accommodation listed on the Site. We hereby expressly disclaim any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, status or adequacy of any Accommodation listed on the Site. The Accommodations can be ranked on the Site according to different criteria (star rating, reviews, etc.). The default ranking is based on an automated algorithm which may be updated or amended from time to time. Under certain circumstances, BookingSafe may also offer Accommodations the option to get a sponsored listing, i.e. to pay for a top spot. Such sponsored listing will be marked or contain wording for clarity.
In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject a booking or make adjustments due to “obvious errors”, independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the Site (e.g. in terms of price, conditions, points) which a reasonable person would not consider to be normal. The booking or awarded points will be adjusted, or, where relevant, the amount charged will be reimbursed without charge in such cases. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is in BookingSafe’s sole discretion.
Please note that suspected group bookings can also be rejected or cancelled by BookingSafe or the Accommodation as most Accommodations have specific procedures for group bookings. Contact our Customer Service team for more information.
Circumstances such as ongoing renovations, Accommodation booking errors, and specific guest needs can affect the quality of your stay. Be sure to let the Accommodation know any special requests or requirements you have at check-in.
A word about star ratings
The Accommodation star ratings are provided for your information only. The star ratings are based on information we have received from our suppliers, including the Accommodations. We do not independently verify star ratings. A star rating is only indicative of the level of comfort you can expect to find in a particular Accommodation, with a higher star rating generally being indicative of a higher level of comfort and amenities. For more detailed information, please check the detailed description on the Site. Please be aware that star ratings can vary greatly on the basis of location, available alternatives, local market conditions, practices or other circumstances. Thus, it is possible that a star rating in one particular country or city is not comparable to the same star rating in another country or city due to such circumstances. Star ratings do not necessarily reflect all the amenities or services that might be available at an Accommodation, and some amenities and features may not be available in every room or at every property with a particular star rating. If there are particular amenities or features that are important to you, please contact our Customer Service and inquire as to the availability of such amenities or features.
B. Other Ancillary Services
BookingSafe provides an online platform through which you can browse other services, including but not necessarily limited to flights and rental cars, (“Ancillary Services”) and make reservations for such Ancillary Services. Although the BookingSafe Site provides the platform for which you can browse and make reservations for these Ancillary Services, the Ancillary Services are provided by BookingSafe associated companies or partners (“Partners”), which have been carefully selected by BookingSafe.
By making a booking through the Site for the Ancillary Services, you make an offer to book a reservation (e.g. for flights or a rental car) at the price listed for such reservation on the Site, and on such other terms and conditions notified to you by the Partner from time to time, which shall become a binding contract when your reservation is accepted by the Partner. The Partner will indicate the acceptance of your Ancillary Service booking via an e-mail confirmation to you. The Partner reserves the right to reject bookings as set out in their terms and conditions.
2. Use of the Site
As stated above, these Term of Use form an agreement between you and BookingSafe. BookingSafe may also offer the option to book Ancillary Services (tours, rental cars) in cooperation with selected Partners as described above.
- use the Site or its contents for any non-authorized commercial purpose (e.g. forward distribution or resale of bookings without permission);
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent booking;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of the Site (including, without limitation, purchase paths) for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- re-sell, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on the Site for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose;
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of the Site into any other website without our prior written authorization;
- deliver any unlawful (according to any and all applicable laws or regulations) postings to or through the Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, racist, discriminating, insulting, threatening, tortuous, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, slanderous, false or libelous material;
- deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- deliver any posting that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud another;
- manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you deliver;
- use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of the Site or other users' computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any related website, other accounts, computer system, or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses;
- do anything else which could cause damage to the Site, the BookingSafe group of companies and their employees, BookingSafe’s reputation, or would otherwise have a negative impact; or
- aid or abet any of the above.
Unless otherwise expressly permitted, websites may not hyperlink to any page beyond the homepage of the Site or frame the Site or any web page or material herein, nor may any entity hyperlink any aspect of the Site in an email for commercial purposes without the express written permission of BookingSafe.